Guest Regulation


Casa do Ouvidor is classified as a Country House – Tourism in Rural Areas by the Regional Directorate for Tourism.
Casa do Ouvidor is licensed under the number 19/2010, issued in 24/06/2010 by the Town Hall of São Roque do Pico.

House Description

Casa do Ouvidor comprises three accommodation units, each with two bedrooms. These houses lead to a lava stone patio with a large lawn area, where a pool with a sun porch and a Jacuzzi stand out.

Non-smoking Area

Casa do Ouvidor is a non-smoking area under the Law 37/2007 of August 14.

Check-in and Check-out

Check-in and check-out time will be arranged with our guests. However, the guests may have to check out until 12 a.m., in which case they can still use the common areas.


Effective Reservation
The reservation of Casa do Ouvidor becomes effective after the payment of 30% of the stay total amount. The remaining 70% will be paid when checking in.

In order to confirm the reservation, the payment may be carried out by bank transfer or by sending an order cheque to A Casa do Ouvidor.


There is a cancelation whenever, after an effective reservation, there is a decrease on the number of nights or the complete cancelation of the stay.
The conditions for cancelling an effective reservation are the following:
Up to 60 days before the stay – 100% refund on the paid amount;
Between 59 and 30 days before the arrival, 50% of the amount paid;
Less than 30 days – total loss of the paid amount.

Services Provided

Telephone and internet. The guests of Casa do Ouvidor have at their disposal a telephone, cable internet access at the reception and wireless internet at the houses and outdoor areas.
This service is always available.

Change of Bed Linen and Towels

Bed linen and towels are changed whenever new guests check in or on the 4th day if the stay is longer than six days.
There are extra bed linens and towels in every room.


General cleaning is carried out every four days or whenever new guests check in.
Guests may ask for additional cleaning. See attachment.


Pets are not allowed.


Breakfast is not included.
All houses have the necessary equipment for the preparation of breakfast. There is also a bakery two kilometres (five minutes by car) from the house with several types of bread and fresh pastry every day.
However, breakfast can be served at the house for an additional cost of €12,50, per meal, provided has been requested up to 3 pm in the previous day.

Pool and Jacuzzi usage restrictions

The pool and the Jacuzzi are free to use. However, there are strict hygiene and safety rules that must be followed, in order to maintain the sanitary conditions. Therefore:

  • Babies must wear appropriate diapers;
  • Children under the age of 10 can only use the pool or the Jacuzzi when supervised by an adult;
  • If feeling ill, guests cannot use the pool or the Jacuzzi;
  • If the guest is injured, he/she is not allowed to use the pool or the Jacuzzi, even if the wound is protected by band-aids, bandages or any type of adhesives;
  • It is mandatory to shower before using the pool or the Jacuzzi;
  • It is not allowed to use the pool or the Jacuzzi when wearing lotions, make-up, skin treatments or any other product that might affect the quality of the water;
  • It is not allowed to bring food and beverages into the pool or the Jacuzzi;
  • For safety reasons, it is not permitted to use glass utensils in the pool or in the Jacuzzi;
  • We recommend not bringing watches, rings, bracelets, necklaces, hair pins, etc., into the pool or the Jacuzzi.
  • Complaint Book

    Casa do Ouvidor has a Complaint Book available at the reception desk.


    Each accommodation unit has a Guestbook in which the guests may leave their opinion or suggestion.


    The House Management will decide whether or not to charge any possible damages.

    General Conditions

    The effective confirmation of the stay implies the acceptance of this regulation by the guest. It is assumed that our guests will carry themselves in accordance with the principles of healthy companionship and respect toward people and goods at Casa do Ouvidor.